Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Walking with a friend

This week is Thanksgiving so I have no classes Wednesday through Friday. Because of this BYU scheduled Friday classes on a tuesday, so I had class today when I usually do not. Having class gave me another chance to walk to and from school. This time I took that opportunity. The walk is about 2.2 miles each way so I walked a total of about 4 and half miles. I took my pedometer but when I got to school I looked at it to see how many steps I took and it said only like 1100. I know it is more than 1100 steps, so apparently my pedometer no longer works. Happy day. That's alright though I know the distance and that is good enough. After class we had a review for the test and after I heard what I needed I left and walked home. It was a lot warmer on the return trip. Far from a mid-summers day but warmer than the morning walk to school
Anyway, as I was walking to school, when I made it to about 500 N and 700 W, I ran into Joe Ostenson, a member of my ward. He asked if he could walk the rest of the way with me which I accepted and we had a good chat about school and what was going on. It made the walk go faster. My walks to school are generally ok, I try to listen to music or something, but it was a nice change to have a friend to talk to. Thanks Joe for heading my way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment