Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My First Walk

No it wasn't actually my first walk ever, just my first walk in this walk off the weight effort, but you probably figured that out on your own. Anyway, I decided that I was going to walk from the American Fork Park & Ride, where Alexis would later pick up the car, to work. I didn't think it would be a big deal and in the end it wasn't, but it was for a moment a little scary.
The walk is only about 2.2 miles, according to google maps. That is about the same distance from my apartment to campus, which I have walked several times and it is not bad. In this case, I had to walk some roads with no sidewalks and they were construction zones and I was walking on the side of the road. Fortunately that lasted only 40 or 50 feet. There was another section that from a distance seemed worse but once I got there there was a dirt road that cut the corner and took me away from the road for a couple hundred yards.
All in all it was a good walk and I felt pretty good afterward. Except, my hands do get a little shaky for a few minutes. Oh well, just typing and writing is worse, but they were never that good to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment